I hate getting to the grocery store and not knowing what to buy for lunch. I don't have time to cook, but I need to eat well to stay alert and happy through the afternoon. So I started keeping track of great grab-and-go lunch ideas. If you have any of your own to contribute, I'd love to hear from you!

I am not a nutritionist or even an excellent cook, my aim is not to provide gourmet recipes or foods that follow a particular diet, but rather to collect ideas for lunches that can be prepared in under 5 minutes on the way out the door in the morning.

1/31/11

Cocina Guatemalteca

The Grocery List:
Can of beans (I love black beans) - any flavor!
Your favorite rice
Bag of shredded white cheese (I love Mozzarella and the "Authentic" Mexican cheese)
Some kind of fruit



The prep:
Make rice. It's always good to make a big pot of rice and keep it in the fridge, because it will fill out any meal and it's good for you!

The morning of:
In a microwavable tupperware, add rice and half a can of black beans, and cover with shredded cheese. If you'd like, season with salt and pepper, chili powder, or just top with hot sauce. Toss in a piece of fruit on the side and you're out the door!

The benefits:
The rice and beans will keep you full and give you energy. Cheese will add flavor and a little dairy, and the fruit on the side will give you sugars. Very fast and easy to make, easy to pack, and easy to heat up on your break.

No comments:

Post a Comment